Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 11 -- Christi

I am feeling SO GOOD on this diet! There are hunger pangs, I must admit, but I'm learning to actually appreciate them. I had my first good weekend since starting the C...weekends are THE hardest!! But I rocked it out with a salad for lunch each day and just very small and regulated amounts of cooked foods. I've dropped 5 pounds in one week and THAT feels GREAT! I even stayed strong through one of the TOUGHEST situations...we had a church carry-in on Sunday! I brought my own pre-packaged salad so that I wouldn't even have to go through the line. I was afraid if I went expecting to find a great romaine salad, I would find only a ranch-laden iceberg salad and I'd say "oh well" and then end up reasoning that since I'd already failed I might as well make it worth failing for. I know me! I'd talk myself into a little of this or that and before I knew it I'd be justifying a whole plate full of little piles! Too early in the game to be putting my growling tummy in front of a whole smorgasboard of food! Eventually I hope that I'll feel so good that I won't even WANT that stuff. But right now, it's not that easy.

You know what I totally hate though? I hate that skinny people's health problems are generally deemed unrelated to diet. HELLO! Metabolism is like the Devil himself! I truly believe that a large percentage of America's health problems (that I'm not even going to take a stab at) stem from poor diet. It's not always possible to change your dietary approach once you're suffering from a full blown illness, so I can't say that diet is the CURE to all illness, but I CERTAINLY believe it is the cause. I'm glad that I'm finding the motivation to do this earlier rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment