Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 19 -- Christi

I have been a bad blogger...a direct reflection on the kind of dieter I've been!!!! BLAH! I had a great weekend...TONS of fun...but that's exactly the type of schedule and lifestyle that makes dieting difficult. And I COMPLETELY blew it! Ok, I shouldn't say completely. While on a date with my hubby, I did manage to choose a non-fried/battered option at Red Lobster on Thursday night which made me feel HALF decent about my level of dedication. But then I threw caution to the wind and had THREE cheesy biscuits cuz they're my ABSOLUTE FAV! Then on Friday I declined further with some late night chocolate chip cookies, which I made myself! Awful. Then on Saturday I had a piece of Marka's amazing lemon cake. Uuuugh...it was SO worth it! Then Sunday I should have warded off the munchies by having a lunch menu prepared for after church, but instead I fell prey to Sesame chicken and rice because we were all starving and anything I could think of would have taken too long to fix.

BUT, Monday arrived and I was back in the full swing of things and feeling good. I think the key to sticking with this is being able to forgive yourself...that has taken me a long time to learn! I worked out hard Monday morning, juiced, cleansed, had salad for lunch (with a little cheese on it...I will admit). For dinner I was out with a friend so I had hummus and pita bread for dinner. Not sure if that's on the approved list, but it sounded wholesome and yummy.

Here's a picture of Jadon who enjoys my morning juicing routine...he loves eating the carrot pulp after I strain the juice. It's about the consistancy of apple sauce, but it has more carrot than apple. He is totally addicted to it! That makes me SO happy. :) I love this pic...his hair is still all messy from just waking up.


This morning I'm battling the blues. The boys came down with a bug last night and James and I were up about every hour or so cleaning up messes and consoling them. I'm dead-dog tired and have sick kids on THE rare and beautiful, warm sunny February day that I can't take advantage of at all! But I'm hangin' in there and thankful that my office is in the sunniest room of the house so I still soak up some of the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment